HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

De-registering for VAT

I have de-registered for VAT and unticked the VAT box on my account settings, but VAT is still being shown on my invoices. How do I rectify this?

0 Likes

Hello @HRconsultant

Is it just the case that you’re seeing itemised VAT on each line but at 0% and 0.00, or are you seeing it somewhere else?

0 Likes

Many thanks for replying. It’s not showing as itemised on each item, just the total at the end.

0 Likes

VAT shouldn’t appear on the invoice (line or totals) if there’s no VAT mentioned.

I’ve located your account - Do you have a particular invoice that you’re seeing this with that I could take a look at please? All we need is an invoice number (e.g. #00001).

It should be noted however that turning VAT off will only affect new invoices created after that point. Any created prior to that will retain their VAT details.

0 Likes

Hi, its invoice 000316 which I created after I unticked the VAT registered box

0 Likes

Thanks. I see what you mean.

Bear with me, I’m going to ask for a developer to take a look at this and will come back to you shortly.

0 Likes

@HRconsultant - Can I just check, when did you disable the VAT settings on your account?

0 Likes

It was before I raised the invoice, it would have been at the end of Jan after my last VAT invoice was raised.

0 Likes

I’ve referred it to our development team to take a look. In the meantime however, I have removed the VAT from this invoice for you. Could you kindly check and confirm that this is all OK please?

0 Likes

Great, thank you - this is invoice is fine now.

1 Like

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes