De-registering for VAT

I have de-registered for VAT and unticked the VAT box on my account settings, but VAT is still being shown on my invoices. How do I rectify this?

Hello @HRconsultant

Is it just the case that you’re seeing itemised VAT on each line but at 0% and 0.00, or are you seeing it somewhere else?

Many thanks for replying. It’s not showing as itemised on each item, just the total at the end.

VAT shouldn’t appear on the invoice (line or totals) if there’s no VAT mentioned.

I’ve located your account - Do you have a particular invoice that you’re seeing this with that I could take a look at please? All we need is an invoice number (e.g. #00001).

It should be noted however that turning VAT off will only affect new invoices created after that point. Any created prior to that will retain their VAT details.

Hi, its invoice 000316 which I created after I unticked the VAT registered box

Thanks. I see what you mean.

Bear with me, I’m going to ask for a developer to take a look at this and will come back to you shortly.

@HRconsultant - Can I just check, when did you disable the VAT settings on your account?

It was before I raised the invoice, it would have been at the end of Jan after my last VAT invoice was raised.

I’ve referred it to our development team to take a look. In the meantime however, I have removed the VAT from this invoice for you. Could you kindly check and confirm that this is all OK please?

Great, thank you - this is invoice is fine now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.