Deleted previous year end by mistake

I’ve just deleted 2017 year end journal, to fix something as it said it was in a locked period and previous journals needed deleting. Now I can’t go and recreate this. Help?

There’s a corporation tax payment for the same period and I can’t change lock dates. What can I do to get this back?

You can run year end journals through Account setting> All setting>Year End Process, pick the year end you want to run it for. Provided nothing else has changed you should get your batch of journal same as you deleted.

Any previous year adjustment shoudl be done in current year through journals instead of removing lock date and deleting year end journals

AH okay, thanks for the tip! Problem is when I go back to year end process it’s only showing 31/03/2018 in the drop down?

If you click on date box for year end process , it should show previous years too for which no yea rend routine been run

I don’t see that, but I have a feeling it’s to do with this CT entry :

When I click on Year End Journals I only get this year:

Have a look at under Reports> Journals, do you have Year end journal - 31/03/2017 if yes then you must have deleted some other adjusting journal batch for 2017, which will be issue if you dont have copy of deleted journal or dont know what were those adjustments for?

This is what’s baffling me too right now. These are the only journals in place and can’t see anything else. Is this a delay with Quickfile not refreshing?

Try clearing year end lock date (Settings - Account Lock) see what is the message you get on system

Tried changing lock to 28/02/2017 and got the following error

When I go back into account lock it has reverted back

I can move the lock forwards no problem.

Make a detailed note of CT journal dated 31/3/2017, take screen shot too and delete it, then you should be able to see 31/3/2017 as year end routine date option on drop down, before you run year end option, make sure to re-enter Ct journal exactly the same and any other adjustments for 2017 and it should work

That seems like the best option, so I have taken some screenshots but gone into it to delete and this error is shown.

I’m going to take a little break and come back later to check again… can’t see myself what’s going on now!

Thanks for your help so far :slight_smile:

Good idea to take step back. On return, make sure accounts lock date is empty and save it then try again steps above

So I came back and tried this again with no joy…

I had a look through the logs on the front page of QuickFile and saw the following:

The bit that’s puzzling me is the bit where it says "Journal has been updated and renamed to Year end Journal… 31/03/2017

The way I’m looking at this, is that the only thing holding it up is that CT journal which I can’t delete. Am I going to have to go in and remove that another way?

And apologies, you can see I’ve been messing around. Next time, ask first rather than go ahead with an eager trigger finger!

Lets see latest screen shot for list of journals and remove any lock date

Hi @tobyw7

I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you and will take a quick look for you. But generally it’s a year end journal that would prevent the lock being pushed back.

Latest journals list is

Thanks, reply sent. I can’t see any year end journals left, and I think it’s got itself in a tizz.

Support can login to your account to have proper look, its journal dated 31/3/2017 need to go

1 Like

yeah I think because I deleted the year end journal first and not this, it’s now not letting me get rid of that. Really appreciate your help today - have a good evening!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.