Deposits? How to

I have replied to another post with these questions and would support a feature to enable deposits. I personally dont like the sound of a customer writing what they want to pay in a partial payment as i think this would be confusing.

Currently we send out a quote/ estimate, and when okay’d we send out a booking form with a request for 20% deposit… how would i do this in QF?

Can i send an Estimate with a supplementary booking form and an invoice for the deposit? then when paid i could record the deposit on the estimate and then convert to invoice for the total… Would this work? i can name them Q00001, DEP00001 and IN00001 so that it all tallies up?

I help run 2 businesses and i run my own business and in all 3 we need a deposit feature :wink:

Thanks

Hi @Hayles,

In theory yes this would work - the only issue is that you can’t attach a payment to an estimate so it would just be held as a pre-payment on the client account.

Can an invoice be attached with an estimate? so they go on the same email? If not i can alway generate the deposit invoice once they click the accept on the estimate.

if you download the documents then you can attach more than one pdf to that email?