Document Manager "Permanent archive" folder

Nearly ten years of using QuickFile for doing the accounts and keeping the corresponding receipts, letters, etc… there is a need to review documents stored in Document Manager (DM). This year documents stored in DM just went over 10K.

There is a necessity for Self Assessment tax returns with HMRC to keep records for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.

Although HMRC provide advice on how long to keep records there are some records that need to be treated as “Permanent archive” these would include such items as;

• ASSET Receipts, invoices, etc. (of items that may become available for sale at a later date)
  • EMPLOYEES’ Correspondence
  • CERTIFICATES of Employers’ Liability Insurance (strongly advised to keep permanently by HSE)

Sure to be other documents that I have not included in the list but you get the idea.

There is a facility to create a custom folder within DM that would work; but I raise the feature request to add “Permanent archive” to be included in the choice of standard folders as I think others would also find this feature of use for storage of important documents.

Of course for me…simply the renaming of the standard folder “Money Laundering ID” to “Permanent archive” would also work as I have no idea what that’s got to do with our day-to-day businesses.

By inclusion of a “Permanent archive” folder that is standard in document manager the deletion of historic records can be managed in a more systematic manner as the basic information is already stored within the QFreceipt.