Does QuickFile support HSBC?

Hi
I’ve looked at the bank feeds HSBC say they support and it doesn’t include Quickfile?

As far as i can see HSBC does not support QF. Not in the same way as other software. I have upgraded to use the banking feed and it seems i have to manually import statements? Thats not what happens on Quickbooks for example.
Can you please clarify this as otherwise i have wasted £72

Hi @nickwj

We support both Yodlee and Open Banking which does allow transactions to be pulled in. Open Banking is automated, whereas Yodlee does require you to enter the secure code each time. This is available with your bank feed subscription and can be set up by going to More Options >> Activate Bank Feed from the bank statement view.

Also just to clarify, the bank feed subscription is £15 + VAT. I would assume the £72 also includes a Power User Subscription.

Hi @nickwj,

What HSBC say isn’t entirely true as they do support Open Banking for business current accounts which works with QuickFile. Here is a page showing they support business accounts with Open Banking.

We will firstly need to enable Open Banking on your QuickFile account, but once this is done, you can link your HSBC and QuickFile accounts in a few steps.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Beth, i thought i had enabled open banking, how do i do that then?

Yes i paid the £15 but even with statement downloads the balances dont match with bank account

Hi @nickwj,

I have just sent you a message asking for some further info to take a look for you :slight_smile:

Nick
I had the same conversation with HSBC - ignore. It works, and in actual fact I should have done it years ago - no need to log in every morning - entries just pop in! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.