Domestic Reverse VAT telecoms

I’m not sure how to explain this, but here goes:

We have been using the EU reverse VAT to account for reverse VAT on telecoms purchases in the UK then manually adjusted our VAT return so we pay the relevant VAT to HMRC.
We have noticed that this method does not seem to work correctly as we end up with a small difference in the way that Quickfile calculates the VAT. We have manually worked out the VAT and the amount we pay HMRC is correct, the problem is that Quickfile now shows that we owe a small amount of VAT that we have already paid.

I assume there must be a corresponding journal or something which we are missing. Has Quickfile or any other users got a better way to deal with domestic reverse VAT as I feel that this is going to be an issue for us going forward if we dont find a solution.

Thanks

Bigfoot

If VAT has been recorded correctly as what I understand, then the best option is to journal the difference. We use VAT services within QuickFile and the only difference comes out is the rounding. You would have to check your invoice and enteries again.