Dropbox not syncing to quickfile

Hi

I’ve uploaded an image to my dropbox account and then polled it as instructed, nothing, checked the account is correct, removed the link then reintergrated, deleted the file (jpg) then re took the image, tried polling again and nothing, not a sausage,.

Using camscanner to take the pic, sharing with Dropbox, the file shows up in dropbox, but still I get

“We were unable to locate any new items on your Dropbox account at this time.”

Any ideas please ?

Hi @DC123

Have you been able to upload files previously without any issue?

Would you be able to tell us the name of the file and its size please?

Hi,

Yes I have uploaded files in the past using the same method.

Filename is

New Doc 2017-09-14.jpg

Size is 59.2KB.

Thank you

Dave

Everything seems to sound like it’s OK so that’s a bit odd!

What’s your folder structure? Do you have multiple accounts set up, or just the one?

For reference, the folder should be (for one account):

/Dropbox/Apps/Quick File Receipts

All your files would then go in there. You may also have an Imported folder, and a Backups folder. But for a single account, all files should go in Quick File Receipts

That’s the file structure copied from my pc screen.!

Dropbox
Apps
Quick File Receipts

Also this screenshot

Thank you

Thank you for the screenshots.

I managed to view the one you uploaded prior to the one in your post, and I noticed a file there called New Doc 2017-07-19.zip. This one showed as being in the Quick File Receipts folder, suggesting it hadn’t uploaded.

Appreciate this one is a different name, but the one you referred to above, is that definitely .jpg and not .zip? Zip files aren’t currently supported.

I use CamScanner myself and have accidently selected ‘zip’ rather than ‘pdf’ previously, so just want to be 100% sure everything is correct

Hi

No, it’s definitely a .jpg file.

Think this is more definitive.

Thank you

Dave

1 Like

Thanks!

The file New Doc 2017-09-14.jpg should be in the Quick File Receipts folder, and it should import without any issues then.

Hi

I’ve manually dragged the 'jpg file into the quickfile app file and its now showing up in the receipt hub, so at least I have a work around for it, any ideas why its not uploading automatically ?

Thank you

Dave

Great - glad to hear it! :slight_smile:

QuickFile doesn’t have access to any folders outside of the Quick File Receipts folder (your earlier post above shows where to find what permissions we have).

Any files outside of this folder, we don’t know about so we’re unable to see, import or move them.

Hope that helps!

Ok Thanks for all your help much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.