Duplicated Direct Debit not correctly reconciled or highlighted as and error

Hi, one of our customers paid twice by accident on the same Invoice using GoCardless Direct debit (GoCardless Statement confirm that and his bank statement as well). On the customer’s Invoice history side, in quickfile, I can see the Direct Debit status updated twice (which matches GoCardless Statement), but the payment was allocated to the invoice only once in Quickfile, and lost trace of the duplicated payment which my customer now claims.

Recent Events log looks like this (after anonymisation):

Day2) A payment of GBP XXX.XX was allocated to the invoice #xxxxx

Day1 ) Direct Debit status updated to PAID [GoCardless ID: YYY]. Payment will be automatically lodged when GoCardless transfer the funds.

Day1 ) Direct Debit status updated to PAID [GoCardless ID: XXX]. Payment will be automatically lodged when GoCardless transfer the funds.

Thanks in advance for your help
Francois

Have you checked the account for a pre payment?
What entries went through th GoCardless Holding Account?

Hi thanks for your prompt reply. Problem solved. By checking the GoCardless Holding Account,
I actually found out that one of the duplicated entry from Gocardless CVS file was not imported properly (not sure why) In quickfile. But the total bank transfer from Gocardless, on that day includes the duplicated (both) amounts (no money lost).

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.