E-mailed Invoices & Estimates going to Junk Mail

I havn’t been using Quickfile very long but regularly send estimates and invoices to my customers via e-mail. Unfortunately about 90% of them seem to end up in the customers Junk Files rather than Inboxes so I find that every time I e-mail something I also have to send them an e-mail via normal mail to ask them to check junk folders if it doesn’t appear in their inbox. Is there anything that can be done to stop this happening?

Yes, there are quite a few posts on this subject already.

The problem is you’re sending mail from a @btinternet.com address but through our servers. This will likely result in bounced email, without getting too technical some receiving email clients check that the sending server belongs to your email provider. In this case it doesn’t as we’re sending the mail but to appear from @btinternet.com.

The simple fix is to set your sender email address to noreply@quickfile.co.uk. This will give you near 100% reliability, I can make this change on your account if you wish. If you want to send from your @btinternet.com with greater reliability you’d need to configured your SMTP settings in QuickFile.

We have more on this subject here:

Improving email reliability

Hi Glenn

Thank you for the information. I would be very grateful if you were able to make this change for me as I am not the most technical of peeps!!! Many thanks

All done, any future invoices will route through our own mail server and there shouldn’t me any problems with items going into junk.

Thank you for your help with this, much appreciated.