EC Sales online doesn't work

Hi,
I’m trying to submit EC Sales, I have activated EC Sales online, I have put my hmrc details in VAT Settings - EC Sales but after submitting I receive the following error:
EC Sales submission to HMRC failed.
By Gateway : Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.

I can fill online the EC Sales list, but I would like to do it from Quickfile.
Anyone can help?

Hi @SNIPERGUARD_LTD,

Have you double checked that your VAT number and all the settings are correct?

Yes, multiple times.

The error indicates that you haven’t enrolled with HMRC to submit electronic EC Sales? Have you checked this?

I have enroled, today I have activated it with a code I received in the post.

În mie., 7 oct. 2020 la 14:24 Beth via QuickFile <quickfile-noreply@quickfile.co.uk> a scris:

Hi @SNIPERGUARD_LTD,

Sometimes these things have a slight delay on them. So it may not have completed the set up just yet

OK, I’ll wait till tomorrow and try again.
Thank you for quick support!

Roberto Pastore

Hi,
I receive the same error when I try to send EC List.
EC Sales submission to HMRC failed.
By Gateway : Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.

I have sent the VAT Report without issues, what can I do?

Best regards
Roberto Pastore
SniperGuard LTD

Hi @SNIPERGUARD_LTD,

The error states that there is something wrong with your credentials. Have you double checked that they are all entered correctly?

If the op has filed vat returns its unlikely to be their credentials. Neither would work.

MTD uses a different port to the EC Sales, the details for log in are entered separately in the VAT settings area

You are saying that I don’t have to enter the same ID and password from gov.co.uk?

În vin., 9 oct. 2020 la 11:46 Beth via QuickFile <quickfile-noreply@quickfile.co.uk> a scris:

Yes you do, but in QuickFile these are entered separately for MTD and for EC Sales, so just because you have successfully sent your VAT return doesn’t mean that you should be able to send your EC Sales.

If you go into your VAT settings you will have entered the log in details there. Please double check that all of these details are correct:

Yes, I have entered them multiple times. Maybe 2 Factor authentication is an issue?

În vin., 9 oct. 2020 la 12:02 Beth via QuickFile <quickfile-noreply@quickfile.co.uk> a scris:

Hi @SNIPERGUARD_LTD,

Are you able to file on the tax portal directly?

Yes.

În vin., 9 oct. 2020 la 13:21 Beth via QuickFile <quickfile-noreply@quickfile.co.uk> a scris:

Unfortunately I don’t know what to suggest, the error you are seeing comes directly from HMRC and we just relay it.

It suggests that your details are incorrect, but as you say you’ve checked them. It may be worth contacting HMRC directly to say that you are having problems and maybe get them to confirm that you are using the correct username etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.