Email Log status

HI, a client commented that they had not received the email I sent this morning (I was in their office at the time) so I checked the email log and the status is set to ‘new’ whereas all other emails are set to ‘sent’. Normally emails are sent instantly, but its been a few hours and the log is still showing as ‘new’.

I was unable to find a list of status codes and their meanings, what exactly does new mean? is it queued, waiting to be sent, sent but unconfirmed etc.

Any help/guidance greatly received.
Paul

Hi @Paul_McCann

We’re investigating this for you now.

[Update]
@Paul_McCann - apologies for this. The emails are now sending so your client should receive this shortly.

1 Like

Thanks for sorting. I take it the ‘new’ status is an error and should be reported again in the future?

“New” isn’t necessary an error. When you send an email from within QuickFile, it’s added to a queue so it can be processed. Once it’s processed, it updates to “Sent” (if successful). However, this usually happens within less than 1 minute - it’s often just a few seconds.

If it remains at “New” for longer, then it would be an error.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.