Error setting up live feed from Starling

Hi guys,

I recently noticed that Starling feeds stopped a few months ago. Annoying.

Anyhow, I got to work setting it up again on the various accounts, but one of them is not working.

It keeps providing the following message:

Please help

To help you, the auth code in the URL is RnAmbUiZ44NcZUzofCFAfwtVaJabPgWFCXfS

Thanks @fambi. We’re looking into this now with Starling.

When did the feed had stop working initially?

Unfortunately, I don’t know as I manually uploaded bank statements to compensate. I think it was around 6 Aug.

That would make sense. We sent an email out to all Starling feed users on the 6th August, and again on the 9th August, as Starling updated their API. It meant that accounts had to be reconnected.

No email received. Can you check your mail delivery platform to see what happened?

Hi @fambi

All our emails are sent through Amazon to the main administrator of the individual accounts. I will check our systems, however, to see if there were any issues or bounces relating to your email address.

Starling have confirmed htere was an unannounced change to their API, but have reverted the change. Can you please try it again now?

Hi Guys
About to do a VAT return when I noticed the feed from Starling had switched to the wrong (personal) bank account around the 8th/9th of August.

Could you advise on how I can:

1. Stop the transactions feed.
  2. Delete all entries from 9th August to date
  3. Import the transactions from 9th August from the correct Starling account
  4. Reset/correct the feed from the correct Starling account?

Many thanks!
Regards
Laurence

Hi @Laurence,

If you go into the active feed details you should be able to remove and then re-add the feed to then make sure the correct feed is linked.

Providing that all of the transactions are left untagged you can go to View recent bank uploads and delete them per upload there or select multiple and then delete selected:

with regards to importing you will have to download a bank statement and import it manually as you may not be able to set the date back as far as 9th August

1 Like

Hi @fambi

Please would you retry? There was a change to the Starling API that broke new consent creation. We’ve implemented a fix for this, so it should now work.

Great - thanks Beth, that’s really useful, I will follow the details.

Kind regards
Laurence

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.