Failed search on Bank Transactions

Hi Anna,

This has been worked around by Quickfile.

If you add a * at the end of your search criteria ie. search* it should work.

Cheers

Adding a * at the end doesn’t work for me unfortunately…

@TomCastletree

We had to make some manual updates on Anna’s account to allow the search to work - I have sent you a private message asking for some more details - please could you take a look and reply?

Hi,

I have got the same problem, when I am searching for untagged references on Bank Transactions it is not working. It only finds the tagged transactions.
I have noticed that this problem only appears at QuickFile’s accounts on which I have been working yesterday and today.

Please help.
Thank you,
Liliana

Thanks Beth.

It works on the mention account.

Now I moved to a different account and there is the same problem.

Account: 6131470166

Try to search “Olga” or “HMRC” to find December untagged transactions.

Please let me know once it’s fixed.

I’m a bit worried that this problem is going to affect all the accounts we have with clients…

Thanks

Kind Regards

Anna Di Girgenti

Accounts Manager

Absolute Accountants Limited
Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors

Suite K, 19-25 Salisbury Square

Hatfield, Herts AL9 5BT

01707 471197 (office)

07557 079804 (mobile)

www.absolute-accountants.co.uk

~WRD0003.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

To improve search performance we have switched to a new full text search engine, which is designed to reduce the load on some very large tables. The consequence (at least short term) is that the search query is performed against a snapshot database from midnight each day. Therefore any data entered after that point will not currently be included in the index until the following day.

We are currently seeking to improve this, so that a bank reference/notes search includes the most recently entered data. We are still optimising the bank statement search tool and we should see an improved output in the next 3-5 days.

Thanks Beth,

That will keep me ticking over

much appreciated

Hi , I have same issue with searching, I only get tagged transaction, really annoying , any schedule for fixing this issue?

I am having major issues with the ‘Search’ function too. I am trying to work through all my bank tagging and seem to be able to search within some accounts and not others. The Santander accounts are the main problem. Lloyds was fine, but maybe the function was just working when I did that account. It has been very glitchy for days now, sometimes working and sometimes not.

‘Search’ finds no matches and if I try to use the magnifying glass to bring up specific entries to tag, like ‘GiffGaff’, it’ll find so many ‘Tagged’ and so many ‘Untagged’ in blue, but when I click ‘Untagged’, the new page reads “No Matches Found”. Its exasperating and my bookkeeping has gone nowhere all afternoon!

I apologies for the ongoing issues with the bank search / matching feature and any inconvenience this may have caused. We have since rolled back on a number of problematic updates. We clearly should have done a better job testing these updates before they made it onto the live site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.