Failed Vat Sumbssion

Hello

I have submitted my VAT Summary… and has come back failed this is what email came back:

Dear Luke Walker,

This email has been automatically generated to inform you that a VAT Return for REEDS RESTAURANT for the period 01/11/2018 to 31/01/2019 has been unsuccessfully processed by HM Revenue and Customs.

Reason being:

By ChRIS : The VAT Period you have entered 2019-01 for the VRN 132034270was not found, please check and resubmit if necessary.

If you have any questions regarding this VAT return, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Could you please help??

Thanks
Luke

Have you definitely set the correct VAT quarter dates in your QuickFile VAT settings? It’s slightly confusing as HMRC tend to talk in terms of the period end date whereas the QuickFile settings are expressed as the period start (so if your quarter is 1st Nov - 31st Jan then you need the option that includes November in QuickFile, not January).

I have altered the months to include November and rollbacked the return, then gone on to submit it again… And now it won’t go through im getting this
Vat return submission to HMRC failed.
By Gateway : Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.

Also i am registerd on MTD, if that makes a difference?

Thanks
Luke

It does. In that case you need to go to reports → HMRC and “connect” your tax account there, rather than entering your credentials under the VAT settings section.

Hello

Yes I have done that my business is already on that I click HMRC that takes me too my tax account I click view then I go too the VAT oblegations then click prepare on the 1st Nov to Jan 31st Option then that takes me too the VAT Summary I press send and still comes up with the error message?

Does it matter I rolledback the summary?

It sounds to me like this will need @QFMathew to take a look at the back end.

Will @QFMathew pick up on this? Or do I need to write to him?

He’ll see he’s been tagged, and probably respond in the morning.

2 Likes

Thanks @ian_roberts :slight_smile:

@Luke_Walker - Let me send you a private message and we’ll get a few more details from you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.