First accounting period longer than 12 month

I would like to know how to lengthen my accounting period in quick file from 12 to 14 months for my first accounting period, and then to keep to 12 months ending 31 march.

Hi @paulgold

I will double check, but most of the settings in QuickFile are based on a 12 month period.

Your first accounting period (assuming you’re a LTD company) would be until the end of the month of your incorporation, and then a second account year follows.

For example, if you were incorporated today (11th Feb), your first period would be 11th Feb 17 - 28th Feb 17, and your second period would be 1st March 2017 - 28th Feb 2018.

In this case, you would just set your first year end to the last day of that month.

my existing accounting period when i first set it up in quickfile and in companies house is year to 31 January 2017, and now i want to extend it to 31 march 2017. So how do i do that? I want to have a 12 month year after that ending on 31 march always after my first year.
thanks to advise me

Have you filed this extension with Companies House?

In general QuickFile works from your year-end date, so you would simply modify your year end date in Account Settings >> Company Settings, once updated with Companies House.

There are reports in QuickFile that will default to 12 months (i.e. 12 months upto whatever your year-end date is set to), however you can override the dates using the custom option.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.