First MTD VAT return not received by HMRC

We have today received a letter from HMRC telling us that our period ending 30 April 2019 VAT return has not been received by them. This was the first MTD return we have done and the first via Quickfile, and we thought it had been submitted a month ago.

Has anyone any idea what has gone wrong please?

Hi @yrtcmp,

If the return has been submitted it will show as Filed if you go to Reports > HMRC > Vat obligations.

It will also have a reference code from HMRC. I know of some others that have received the letter but it turns out it was sent in error.

It may be worth getting in touch with HMRC and quoting the reference you’ve got for the return so that they can make sure it is there.

Hi Beth, it has been submitted according to Quickfile, but payment has definitely not been made yet to HMRC.
The HMRC letter seems to cover all aspects of non payment / non receipt of the return, but the first sentence states that we have not paid, which is true. I am sure that we have set up on Quickfile for payment to be made from our bank account, so what has gone wrong please?

Hi @yrtcmp,

The payment side of the return cannot be set up on QuickFile, this is something you would have had to do with HMRC.

This may be what the issue is. I would contact HMRC to arrange payment

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.