Forced to take Power User Subscription trial to get into my account

I am a small business owner and have been using QuickFile for some time. When I signed on yesterday it said that I needed to subscribe to the Large business option at £45 +VAT. I am not a large business and have not entered over 1000 ledger entries since I’ve been using it! The only way I could continue to my account was to accept a free 14 day trial of the Power-User subscription and Yodlee, neither of which I need or want. Can someone tell me how to get this sorted and back to a free account?

Thanks.

The 1000 is nominal ledger entries, not invoices - each invoice will be at least four entries if you’re not vat registered or five if you are. I agree it’s a bit unrealistic to call that level “large” but compared to the alternatives QuickFile is incredible value for money - that £45+VAT is per year, not per month.

(I don’t work for QuickFile, I’m just a long time satisfied user)

P.S. you don’t have to have the Yodlee subscription if you don’t want it - I have an account graded XL and I just pay the Power User subscription without the Yodlee add-on.

Ian posted just what I would have said. I would add that we run at just short of 2000 ledger entries per year and find the cost worthwhile.

Hi @moojul

The accounts are graded from XS to XL based on the number of nominal ledger entries within a rolling 12 month period. This goes by the date they were entered onto your account rather than the date they took place (e.g. a transaction in 2015/16 entered today, would count towards your current size calculation). This takes into account bank transactions, invoices (sales and purchase), journals and other entries.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend deferring the notification. All accounts have the option to defer this for 14 days once, during which time you have full access to your account to edit or delete entries as you wish. I would also recommend taking a look at the size and breakdown of this in your account, by going to Account Settings >> Company Settings.

As @ian_roberts mentions, the bank feed/Yodlee subscription is optional, although a deferral may be activated at the same time as a Power User Deferral, as we keep the renewal dates aligned (for ease of management for our users).

I hope this helps, but please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a great Christmas!