Foreign currency & double paid invoice

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
Hope you’re okay?

I need a hint on how to book something
I would be grateful if someone could help!
My questions:

1. How do I post a “Converted to GBP” transaction - normal situation, the client paid in PLN and I converted them to GBP in the same account where I have foreign currency accounts (Revolut)

2. How do I post an overpayment on the same invoice (via Stripe) that has just been returned to the customer?
    The Client paid twice to the same invoice.
    The operation stopped at the Stripe level - maybe I don’t need to define it at all?

Many thanks for the hints :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Dorota

Have you posted the payments or are you asking how you should post the payment transactions to then tag against the invoice?

you can tag this as a pre-payment and then refund it but if you say it stopped at the stripe level then you may be best to leave it out of QuickFile

1 Like

Thank you QFBeth for your time! :slight_smile:
I haven’t posted it yet. Exactly, I am asking how should I do it. I understand that I need to link the payment in PLN with the invoice (which was set up in PLN currency) but I don’t know, how to tag the exchange transaction from pln to gbp.

“you can tag this as a pre-payment and then refund it but if you say it stopped at the stripe level then you may be best to leave it out of QuickFile”

Ok, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Dorota

You can tag the exchange as a transfer if you have done this or you can tag the GBP amount to the invoice if you don’t have the PLN amount showing

1 Like

ok, thank you very much. I’ll try soon :slight_smile: I think everything is clear.

Thank you once again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.