Getting started with Chrome bank feed (Lloyds)

Hi All,

Sorry to be ‘thick’, but what is the bank feed supposed to do? I have setup the chrome extension and switched to the new Lloyds website. All that happens is that I get taken to the Lloyds login page where I have to do everything manually.

What have I missed?

Cheers

Gary

Hi @GaryWilliams

There’s a guide here to help you get started, but to focus on your main point the feed does require a bit of manual work.

Traditional bank feeds involve handing over your login credentials to a 3rd party so they can run some automated software overnight to log in to your account and pull down the latest transactions from your bank. With a plugin there’s no need to disclose your login details as all the automation runs inside your browser. You just head over to your banks
login page and a QuickFile settings box will appear allowing you to input your credentials and run the feed.

With some banks, the QuickFile feed will login and pull the latest transactions for you based on the details you give the plug in on the bank login page. With some banks (I believe Lloyd’s is one of them) you have to navigate to the statement itself and click ‘Export to QuickFile’.

I hope that helps!