Go cardless second account

hi all my direct debits are failing to be taken but nobody has an idea why is this because i have two quickfile accounts with one go cardless acount i have spoken to gocardless who cant find anything wrong they think its a problem at quickfile
please help im loosing money fast

thanks
David

Hi David,

It would be because it’s one GoCardless account connected to 2 QuickFile accounts. When you connect the second account, GoCardless issues us with a second code to process the direct debits for you. As a result, it invalidates the first one.

What’s the purpose of having 2 QuickFile accounts? Are they two separate businesses?

hi they are two diffrent sections in the business and need to keep seprate accounts for them with diffrent fees

thanks
David

The only way around this would be to use one QuickFile account with one GoCardless account. You could potentially use the trading styles feature to help separate these.

Other than that, it would be two GoCardless accounts and two QuickFile accounts, but I don’t think GoCardless would allow you to open 2 accounts for the same business.

oh ok i read on another feed that two accounts in quickfile with one go cardless was ok i take it thats now not the case. does this mean i will have to close down one account and potentialy start all over agian

thanks
David

Two accounts used to be OK, but GoCardless updated their systems in October which meant a few changes - this being one of them.

Potentially yes. There isn’t a way to transfer data between two accounts, although we are able to migrate clients and suppliers for you.

If it’s easier to have 2 accounts, it may be worth contacting GoCardless and seeing how feasible it would be to have 2 accounts with them before making any decisions to start over.

hi does this also mean i have to re issue all my clients with new dd requests

thanks
David

If it’s a new GoCardless account, maybe. If it’s the same one, then no.

However, GoCardless should be able to advise on whether they can be moved between accounts. Obviously, I can’t answer on their behalf, but as far as QuickFile is concerned, providing the mandate belongs to the connected GoCardless account, then you can add the mandate to a client without reissuing the request to them.