- Key features
- Linking QuickFile to your Google Calendar
- Customising your reminder settings
- Setting reminders to pay invoices
- Setting reminders against your sales invoice due dates
- Setting reminders for previously issued sales or purchase invoices
- Creating client or supplier specific calendar events
- Creating generic events from the Dashboard
- Annual accounts and annual return filing dates (Limited Companies)
- Setting the active calendar QuickFile uses to create events
- Diarise sales and purchase invoice due dates.
- Configure SMS and e-mail reminders to be send at a set point in time before each event.
- Create new calendar events on the fly from your Dashboard.
- Create and group client or supplier specific events.
- Automatically track key filing dates for Limited Companies, e.g. Annual Return and Annual Accounts due dates.
Click the green button to be redirected to Google so that you can authorise the link. Don’t forget to make sure that you’re logged into the correct Google account when you grant authorisation.
You will then be redirected back to QuickFile and a new Calendar Profile will automatically be created called ‘MY COMPANY NAME EVENTS’. If you are managing multiple companies with QuickFile each QuickFile account will have it’s own calendar profile.
For each event type you can specify the time period before, upon which you would like to receive a reminder.
or within the Receipt Hub you will see a check box “Add due date to calendar”. This option will be checked by default.
When you then save your invoice, QuickFile will connect to your calendar and insert the event on the invoice due date. An e-mail or SMS reminder will be sent to you before the event, as per your default reminder settings.
A pop up will then appear so that you can ‘Create Calendar Entry’ (add the reminder).
When you preview any invoice you can use this same option to quickly see any calendar events set against the invoice. From this popup box you can jump right into Google Calendar to further edit the event.
Select the ‘New Calendar Entry’ from within the ‘More Options’ button.
The popup box will be revealed where you can schedule a new event, set a reminder, and add your own custom notes.
You can then bring up a list of all client or supplier specific events from within the view menu.
You can now see all the calendar entries:
Any invoice related events for the client or supplier will also be visible here.
To create a new event you just need to supply an event title, date and set any reminders that you’d like to receive.
You can also view a list of all forthcoming events on your calendar from the Dashboard, all the invoice, client, supplier, and company filing related events will be visible in one place.
If you want to view historic events or obtain more information on specific events you can jump directly into your Google Calendar from here.
The Google Calendar ID looks like a long e-mail address, if you need help finding it take a look here.