Has VAT return page changed?

I just went to the Create new VAT return, under ‘Reports’ and I noticed that I no longer get the page on which the figures are automatically generated from the data I’ve been submitting to quickfile, but instead I’m getting - " Setup your Spreadsheet Mappings" - “When you upload your Excel or CSV spreadsheet report we need to know where to retrieve the VAT Return box totals…”

I do not want to enter my data and all my sales painstakingly onto Excel - I thought that the whole point of paying for Quickfile was that I no longer need to do this!

Also, I need to submit my EC sales list around a month before I need to submit my VAT return. Is there any way this can be done separately?

Hi @Diamondgeezer,

This sounds like you may have selected the Bridging Module in your VAT settings. If you don’t need to use the Bridging module then you don’t need to have this option selected.

1 Like

Beth you’re a star, thanks.

What about my second point regarding EC sales list.
In fact how do I input EC sales - is it just generated automatically ? (last time I did it was before I started using quick file)
If so how can I get round the problem of the different due dates?

Hi,

The EC Sales list can be downloaded from a generated VAT return. I am not the best to advise on this as it is not my strong point. There have been a few posts regarding the EC Sales so it may be worth having a quick search on the forum to see what other people do.

You could turn off your online filing to generate a VAT return for the EC Sales list, and then roll it back and turn your online filling back on when it comes to submitting the actual VAT return. This isn’t ideal so there may be a better way of doing this.

It’s ok HMRC told me I can file EC sales list at same deadline as VAT return

1 Like