Help with bank reconciliation - the payment date is set to the invoice date

Hi,

I have never used Quickfile before and am preparing accounts for a client using QF.

The bank isn’t balancing because it is using the invoice date as the payment/receipt date in the bank. For example if an invoice dated 1/1/2020 was paid on the 31/12/20 the bank shows it as paid on the 1/1/2020.

is this normal for Quickfile? Is there a way I can view the bank transactions using the actual date the receipts/payments cleared in the bank?

Many thanks

Helen

Hi @helen87

The payment date is whatever it is set to in the bank account. This is set when the bank entries are created.

Judging by what you’ve said, I would hazard a guess that your client has perhaps created the invoices and marked them as paid from the invoice itself, in which case it assumes “todays date”.

You can however change the dates on the bank entries, providing they’re not restricted. Just go to the bank statement view, click on the date, and select a new one.

Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks so much for explaining. It does help, at least I understand how it is happening now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.