Help with end of year accounts (remote help)

Hi

I recently found out the account I had been paying monthly for the last year has ceased trading and is not going to compile my end of year accounts.

My business is classed a Micro Entity and I don’t really want to go down the route of paying another account monthly going forward.

I have checked and it looks like I can file my year accounts myself by using the online govember service. (“File your company accounts and tax return”).

I have attempted to do this myself but I’m getting confused and could do with some help.

Are there any accountants out there that would be willing to help me over a remote session for an hourly rate?

Ideally, I would to screen share and just have an account on standby to help answer any questions I have. I suspect it would only take a few hours.

Anyone willing to help?

There maybe someone willing however having an accountant on standby with screenshare remote access sounds to me like holding your hand to prepare your submissions, in which case they may as well do it themselves. I apreciate where your at with regards to paying someone who ceased trading, but personally I wouldn’t be happy with what your offering given the above.

Hi Paul

The point of “holding my hand” is so I can learn how to get the correct figures out of QuickFile.

My business isn’t something I want to carry on long term it was just a side hustle… I kind of regret setting it up as a Limited company.

My aim is just to tidy up my accounts and then look to close up.

I get that, but your asking for an accountant to do it and charge by the hour. And some accountants actually charge by the hour to prepare and submit accounts. So you could potentially pay someone more money to do what your asking rather than just pay someone to do it.

Perhaps youd be better off asking for a quickfile expert to help you instead since accountancy isn’t their profession and they are likely to charge less than an accountant per hour.

Thanks Paul

Anyone you can recommend? (to do the accounts?)

Hi @Steve_1

QuickFile has a list of accounts which may be of some help, which can be found here: https://accountants.quickfile.co.uk