HMRC MTD Unavailable

I am trying to create a new VAT return and get this error: “HMRC returned a server error, this usually occurs when their service is temporarily down for maintenance.”
Has HMRC informed Quickfile of this issue and when can we expect to be able to create a VAT return
Many thanks

Hi @caroline1

The MTD VAT tools are unavailable until around 5pm today due to scheduled maintenance by HMRC.

There’s more information on this here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues

Hi for the past few days unable to submit VAT RETURN - this message on both my accounts appears - HMRC returned a server error, this usually occurs when their service is temporarily down for maintenance.- I have spoken with HMRC and they have no problems their end. Is the problem with your servers.
Regards

Hi @curated

There are no problems on our side. However, HMRC are currently carrying out scheduled maintenance. Please see the post above.

@curated @caroline1 - HMRC Completed their scheduled maintenance earlier this evening. Everything should now be working as expected.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.