HMRC - status failed

Hi, I’ve been happily submitting VAT returns for 18 months until my authority expired and I had to re-authorise the connection between QF and HMRC. I followed the steps and now the dashboard says connected 22/10/20, but the status shows as failed. I’ve left it 24 hours between attempts, but the status always shows as failed. What am I doing wrong please?

I think I saw somewhere that sometimes the link doesn’t always complete. May be worth trying the good old ‘switch it off and back on’ trick and disconnect and reconnect it again.

If it worked before and now doesn’t then it is usually one of two things. Either you still have the previous expired authorisation connected - you must disconnect the old one first, then connect the new - or you have connected the wrong HMRC account - some people have different government gateway logins for VAT and for other taxes like self assessment.

Thanks for your help Spike - got there in the end :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
It turned out there was a second Government Gateway account, and that one has gone through fine.
I’d never have thought of that one!
Jill :grin:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.