How can I download all my bank entries?

Hi,

I’m very far removed from any advanced accounting, so I am very surprised and shocked to discover there doesn’t seem to be any intuitive way to download a full feed bank statement from the feed.

In addition to that, it doesn’t include the balance. This is so strange?

Imagine how much server load it would take to process a full bank feed download. Say if you have years of imported feeds.

Now imagine thousands of users having the ability to do it.

You’ll then have your answer.

You mean download a copy of the bank statement from Quickfile? If you run an account backup there is a full statement in the backups in the form of a CSV, or you can export the data from the banking or nominal view screens, although I think you’re limited to 50 per file due to the pagination (simple enough to just keep appending the data though).

The balance is calculated from the opening balance +/- the transactions, there is no actual balance recorded anywhere to download.

1 Like

The balance is calculated from the opening balance +/- the transactions, there is no actual balance recorded anywhere to download.

there seems to be a bug on my account, which is why I also posted in the bug section.

Hi @tom_44

When a balance doesn’t match a bank statement, it’s likely to be an extra or missing transaction rather than a bug. I do believe one of my colleagues is assisting you with this.

But please, rest assured, that if a bug is identified, we will ensure this is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.