How to get bank tagging to recognise unpaid invoices

Hi, i’m just starting quickfile. I have imported bank records, client list and invoices.
the client list has recognised outstanding invoices due to each client.
however, when I try to tag payment in the banking, it says there is no outstanding invoice for that amount, and when I try to allocate payment from a customer, it gives a message that there are no matching sales invoices, and if I try to allocate payment to a client account, it recognises the customer and then says there are no outstanding unpaid invoices for this customer. HOWEVER, in the customer list it recognises that there are FIVE unpaid invoices for this customer, the most recent of which matches this amount int he bank that I want to tag, and is clearly marked overdue.

How do I get the bank tagging system to read the same data that the client list accesses? Why doesn’t the bank tag recognise any unpaid invoice? This is the same for all my clients and invoices.

Hello @Aeona

If the value of the payment is different to the invoice, it won’t show in the tagging list. But you can click the “Pay down multiple invoices or hold on account” option:

This will allow you to enter the name of your client and then select what outstanding invoices you wish to pay.

If however the payment matches the value of an invoice but it’s not showing, you may need to adjust the date range it’s searching for. Using the above method will work for this, but you can also change the date range in Account Settings >> Advanced Features.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

A bit more - If I allocate the payment to the client, it won’t let me mark the invoice as paid without entering a load more data. How do I just get the tag to recognise the unpaid invoice in the first place? thank you in advance for help.

What data are you referring to here? After entering the name of the client (as above), you can allocate it to the client and you should be able to just save it. It may ask for a VAT rate, depending if you’re VAT registered or not, and on cash accounting.

No that doesn’t help. As I said above, the exact amount in the bank income matches the exact amount on the invoice - eg 750.00 on both the bank income and the total amount for the invoice.
There is no obvious reason why none of hte invoices are recognised. the amounts match exactly. I have just imported all the data as shown in the help file. The client list and invoices have matched up, it is the bank tagging that is not recognising the invoices for ANY of the clients.

Is there much difference between the invoice date and the payment date?

invoice date 3 may, payment date 11 may

Are both the payment and the invoice GBP (£)?

yes, all same currency.
does it make a difference that the standard settings for invoices was due immediately for payment? If I delete all the invoices and reimport them after setting invoice due date say 1 year, would the bank tagging recognise them then?

That shouldn’t make a difference.

If everything is in GBP, and the dates are close (which seems to be the case), you should be able to find them from the bank tagging.

Let me send you a private message and get a few more details, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

Many thanks, I finally got the tags to recognise the invoice when I set hte default due date a long time (350 days) instead of immediately (0 days).

1 Like

Glad to hear this is working all OK for you.

I recommend just double checking the settings on the payment date range (Account Settings >> Advanced Features), as this may be set to a short period to be checking. You can easily extend it if you need to.

thank you for that. I was already manually choosing to search within 6 months each time, but so helpful to discover I can set the default in the advance settings. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.