How to manage Projects

I have started to use projects extensively but have found that you can’t have multiple tags on invoices when the invoice contains multiple detail lines with different item types. The resulting tag is the total for that invoice.
Can only assume that the invoice has to be a single detail line and the tag references that item type?

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking here but you can have up to 5 project tags on an invoice. You can’t apply project tags exclusively to specific lines on an invoice.

So if you have more than one detail line when can you copy and split the invoice particularly when you have a GoCardless transaction in progress? Should I wait until the payment has been made?

Yes you can split the lines over separate invoices and then apply differing tags. You don’t need to wait for the GoCardless transaction to complete, although the system would try to allocate a payment to the original invoice that will likely exceed it’s value, in that case the invoice still gets paid but the remainder ends up on the client account. You can then apply this credit to the second invoice.

Can I tag a project to a journal. For example, if i need to split income/expense from a bulk invoice across different projects, can I create a journal for the appropriate amounts then tag it with the the appropriate project - akin to using a project as cost centre?

At the moment you can tag the following items:

• Sales invoices
  • Estimates
  • Purchase Invoices
  • Purchase Orders
  • Credit Notes (Sales & Purchase)

There is no provision to tag journal entries but we can consider this if it proves to a popular request.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.