How to re-submit rolled back VAT return?

Hello,

I have rolled back VAT return of period Jan - Mar to make some changes in the purchase, but doesn’t effect any figures in the VAT Return.
Now i see no option to re-submit this VAT return.

Does roll back means the submission is cancelled with HMRC ?

I can see all invoice of this period being merged in next periods, as seen on VAT Export sheet, why it is being merged with next return ?

Kindly advise, thanks in advance.

Hi @superstareng

Rolling back the return doesn’t cancel it with HMRC, it just reverses it on QuickFile.

However, you’re not able to resubmit the same return, you will have to create a new one.

Are you registered for MTD?

Hello @QFMathew

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes we are registered for MTD. And can you please guide us how I can create a new one and submit, as there will be no change in figures.

I hope creating new one will not make double submission with HMRC, as we have a reclaim of vat.

Hi @superstareng

This post may help: Rollback VAT

HMRC doesn’t permit a double submission for the same period, which is why you need to temporarily disable MTD filing. @ian_roberts’ post at the link above will guide you through this, but please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi @QFMathew

thanks for your brief response, it is helpful and i think it would be better to submit new return maybe later like close to other return, so that if any other changes to be made will be all before the 2nd submission and will not need further rollback.

have a good day and stay safe.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.