I can't tag a refund

I’ve just imported some transactions through my paypal feed, and one of the transactions is a refund that I’ve just done through ebays new returns system. It shows on paypal as a refund (which it should do) but on quickfile it is not showing as “REFUND:”, it is just showing the customer name next to the debit instead. I think, looking at it, that the feed thinks it is a purchase?

What is happening is that when I go to tag it as “refund to customer”, the customers name is not appearing in the drop down menu, so I can’t complete the tag. There is a purchase and payment record in that customers name.

Is there any other way that I can correctly record this as a refund?

If it’s untagged (which I believe it is) it won’t be assumed to be either a refund or purchase.

Click to tag the entry on the bank and you will have a dedicated option to treat as a refund to a customer.

Select the client. I see on your account one sales invoice appears that you can refund against.

Hi Glenn thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried that but it doesn’t work. When I tag it as “refund to customer”, a box appears which says “allocate to customer” and that’s as far as it will go. When I type in the customer name, nothing comes up, so I’m stuck.

I don’t know if you can access my account, but if you can, you can try it and see what I mean.

I just typed in the surname in instead, and it then came up. Problem solved.

Thanks Glenn.

1 Like

Excellent, glad you sorted this!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.