I'm not a power user

Not sure if I should be posting this here, but can’t find customer service anywhere
Hello,
I’m not a power user. I have currently 277 transactions on my account and am being asked to pay for a power user subscription.
I’m sure this has arisen from a failure to make the auto tagging work to match bank entries to invoices and instead auto creating duplicate invoices which I then have to manually delete. Personally I would say this is a bug.
I don’t mind paying the ransom to get to the end of the year, but next year , ie April, I will know not to go anywhere near auto-tagging and so my account should fall well within the threshold.
I find your software to be frustrating at the best of times and have had real problems getting it to work properly. Definitely designed by programmers and not users.
However , I really appreciate having recurring invoices sent to clients. It’s probably worth it just for this.
If i DO pay for the service , will it naturally revert to basic service when I fall back under threshold ? The way it does the other way ? Hmmmmmmmmm .

Hi @unit1

If you have 1,000 or more nominal ledger entries on your account, that have been created within the last 12 months, then your account would be graded as L or XL, both of which require a Power User Subscription.

Please rest assured, it’s not a ransom - all accounts have a free deferral period which you can activate from the payment screen if you haven’t done so already. If you decide you no longer wish to use QuickFile, we can provide a back up of your data in a machine readable format (CSV) which can be used elsewhere too.

I am sorry to hear you’ve had issues with QuickFile, but you’re at the right place for support - please don’t hesitate to start a #support thread, or look through our knowledge base to see how to use specific features. But our support team (myself included), and other users, are here to help :slight_smile:

If you do pay for a year, and in 12 months time your account drops below the 1,000 nominal ledger entry level, then the subscription becomes optional.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if we can help you further. Our support team are here typically during office hours, and other users are here even when we’re not

It depends what you mean here by “transactions” - if you’re counting invoices then be aware each invoice or purchase equates to at least four nominal entries, or five if you’re vat registered. There’s two/three for the invoice itself (credit general sales, credit sales tax control if relevant, and debit debtors control account), then another two for the payment (credit debtors control and debit bank). And the same in mirror for purchases.

In case you haven’t found it, the exact number of ledger items on your account (refreshed every couple of days I believe so may not be absolutely up to date) can be viewed under Account Settings / Company settings / Basic Settings / Account Size. The magnifying glass will drill down to a breakdown of entries by Nominal so you can see where they’re going, and by date so you can see when you entered them.

This might show, for instance, that you entered a lot in the first few days, or you got behind and entered a backlog (as happens to me with a club I use QuickFile for). You can export that to Excel by copy and pasting and sum them to calculate when you’ll fall back below the threshold or whether you’re consistently going to be over it so you can make an informed decision whether to upgrade or simply be careful with your usage.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.