Import into non GBP bank account

Hi,

Is it possible to import sales or invoices into a non GBP bank account?

I have seen this post while writing this:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/import-wizard-tool-for-multicurrency/1845/9

It seems this has not changed from 2014, is it?

What is the best method to add bulk invoices into the system on a different currency?

Thanks!

Hi @expertoswp

At the moment adding foreign currency invoices in bulk isn’t available through the QuickFile interface. There is a feature request for this (you can add your vote here).

The only way to achieve this at the moment would be through the API (I believe - will check this and confirm), but it would require a bit of coding knowledge.

Thank you.

I would like to suggest another approach.
Making a bulk action to change currency on invoices will allow to import the bulk invoices on gbp as draft and change them into other currency really easy.
This should be much easier to add as feature than to change the import system.

What do you think?

If they were imported as GBP and converted to another currency, for example, EUR, there would be a need for price adjustment to account for exchange rates.

Currently when you create an invoice, it assumes an exchange rate based on the date and historical rates stored from XE.com:

However, this isn’t always the case as the exchange rate can be specified as part of the invoice.

I notice you’ve added your vote to the other topic which is the best way forward. With many feature requests, they’re driven by demand on the forums.

Well, this price adjustment is done when I change manually the currency so I cannot see the reason this cannot be done as bulk, but I do not know of course how it works on the backend. :slight_smile:
I left a comment on the other post, not sure how to vote it though.

Thank you!

Hi Support, Yes still dead keen to get this function, but it seems to have been left in the either to hard basket or not as important as something like playing around with the left hand menu :wink: which by the way is working very well. You know the saying happy staff happy work place…

Glad to hear that the menu is working well for you now @damndit :slight_smile:

If you’re not aware, you can create an invoice ‘on the fly’ through back tagging. So if you have a EUR account with untagged transactions, you can create invoices from the tag button. Hopefully that helps in the meantime?

That will help. I am trying to fix this issue using the Zapier to create the invoices from Stripe directly on another currency (haven´t tried it yet).

@QFMathew
One thing I have been doing is to bulk import the invoices on GBP, after that I open each one of them and click on modify and change from GBP to EUR and save.

Would be possible to get a bulk option to “change currency”?

That should be easier than the import option as you already have the invoices on the system with the dates and everything ready.

What do you think?

Thanks

I see where you’re coming from, but as I mentioned in post 2, it cones to more than just the currency, it requires exchange rates too which may vary to what we have on record.

All I can advise at the moment is keep an eye on the other topic you added your vote to, as we will update it with any progress updates. However, because of the underlying work, generally we like to see a demand from the community before looking further into these things.

1 Like

We are currently looking at supporting foreign currencies on our multi-invoice entry system. This will allow you to create multiple invoices in a table format and define the currency at the top for all invoices in that set. The exchange rates will be sourced from xe.com (our exchange rate provider).

You can track this feature here

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile:
I can live without this now that I have the bulk eur transfers. :smiley: