Incorrect VAT calculation

I am really confused

I have just created a VAT report and there is only one qualifying invoice but a nil amount of VAT due.

I checked the invoice and it shows the gross amount correct including the vat due but there is no vat showing on the invoice. I am in a real mess with this and I don’t know what has gone wrong.

We have really simple accounts and usually issue just one rental invoice each quarter and it has never gone wrong before. I don’t know what to do. I can’t modify the invoice and re-issue it as it tells me it is locked

Hello @drpeej

Where are you seeing this qualifying invoice? Is this something you just know from inputting it, or has it shown up in the calculations download for the VAT report?

If the invoice you believe should be included in the VAT report is already locked, it would suggest that it may have already been included in a VAT return (and therefore not included in the second one).

When looking at the invoice, what’s the reason it gives next to the lock symbol? This would normally indicate whether it’s due to a VAT return or a year end process, and include a link to the relevant section of your account.

It says it is in a submitted VAT return but it’s the VAT return report I just created. I haven’t submitted it to HMRC I’ve just created the report.

There is a button that says Roll Back return. I have tried this and although it still says it has been submitted it seems that the lock has been removed from the invoice. I will try issuing a credit for the other invoice then re-issue with VAT on it.

I’ll send you a private message to see why this is the case - if the invoice has VAT and it’s not being picked up for the return, it’s something we’d rather fix than workaround.

Please look for the notification in the top right hand corner shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.