Invoice Notes box

Hi,

When I send invoices we put in the ‘invoice notes’ box a deposit amount, for example:
A 20% non-refundable deposit of £44.00 is required to secure your booking. This must be received within 14 days of this invoice.

However for some reason this now shows the following:
A 20% non-refundable deposit of &# 163;44.00 is required to secure your booking. This must be received within 14 days of this invoice.

This happens on all invoices that we save and reopen.

Something that has just started happening in the last week.

Could someone see if there is an issue with this please.

Thank you.

Try changing the £ to ‘£’ (excluding the ')
May not work, but give it a go!

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your way and this hasn’t worked either.

I have found the issue is with the pound symbol and quotation marks.
It is very strange how it has just started doing this. We have been using QuickFile for a couple of years now and never encountered this before.

Quick and dirty workaround until it gets fixed is to use the official three letter currency code which is GBP for Sterling, the other main ones being EUR and USD.

1 Like

We are aware of this issue and we are looking at it right now.

There seems to be a problem with anything to do with invoices/estimates/letters etc with clients when writing symbols such as the “&” or an apostrophe sign, it starts adding weird symbols in when you view the invoice such as the hash sign and squiggly lines, it does NOT do this on the supplier side of things for PO’s or invoices.

Example: St Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London, EC4M 8AD

It works when your in the modify page but as soon as you preview/send et it messes up.

We have just done some significant re-coding of the invoice entry and preview screens. This looks to be related to the way notes are encoded and shouldn’t be difficult to resolve. I will update you once I have more information to hand.

@charlotte regarding the letters page, we’ve not made any changes here for some time although we will look into this too.

EDIT:

We should now be encoding those symbols correctly. Let me know if there are any further related issues here.

This topic was automatically closed 12 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.