Is there any way to get more than 50 transactions per screen?

Hello

When listing things like “Show All Purchases” is there any way to get more than 50 purchases to show on the screen at once?

To be honest, it’s also irritating to have to scroll to the bottom of each screen in order to skip to a given page number in the results. Is there any way to get that appear ABOVE (rather than below) the results area on each screen?

Thanks

J

Hello @JohnSmith1169

Displaying more than 50 transactions per page within the Sales and Purchase areas is not something that we plan to implement at this stage. It will have an adverse effect on performance for all users if the system needs to pull out 100s of transactions per page, per user.

Cloud accounting works a bit differently to desktop software in the sense that resources are shared for example in Gmail there is a limit of 50 emails to view at anyone time.

Other options

• In the address bar at the top of the screen you can enter a multiple of 50 (starting with 0) to get to a particular page number quickly, for example the below would take you directly to page 6.

• You can also look at a backup of your data for older invoices if you are doing a particular exercise which requires more than 50 items displayed at a time

Blockquote

Okay well it’s definitely not ideal but for low cost software I suppose we can live with only 50 records on the screen at once. For the record, even 100 on the screen at once would make a huge improvement for us.

But what about my second issue? I find it extremely irritating to have to keep scrolling to the bottom of the screen in order to get to the right page. Talking of wasting your servers’ resources, I don’t want to have to waste your resources by going Next, Next, Next, Next each time I want to get to page 5.

J

Hello @JohnSmith1169

But what about my second issue? I find it extremely irritating to have to keep scrolling to the bottom of the screen in order to get to the right page. Talking of wasting your servers’ resources, I don’t want to have to waste your resources by going Next, Next, Next, Next each time I want to get to page 5.

There is an icon at the top to skip to the next page (from page 2 you can go back also), rather than having to scroll to the bottom.

Thanks - yes, that’s what I call going “next, next, next…”

The point is that when I know that what I want is on say page 8, I am compelling QF produce pages: 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and 7 in order to get to page 8!

If they were listed at the top of the screen I wouldn’t need to do this. Instead I would just click on “Page8”.

Anyhow it’s just a small point about the UI that could save time for both the user and save processing resources for QF.

Trying to help…

I must go now.

J

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.