Late vat invoice request

I sell on Amazon, I created customer Amazon Sells and every month i record my sell. But when I get vat invoice request from Amazon customer, I create invoice for him and next, as you advised one day, I subtract the same value from Amazon Sells invoice.
I have just got request for VAT invoice dated in May. My Vat return end is end of May. I created Vat invoice in May but Amazon sells invoice is now locked. Can I subtract this amount from June or July Amazon Sells invoice?

Hi @awariat

I can’t really see it being an issue by subtracting it from the June or July invoice as it would still balance (and in effect, the amount of VAT would still be same either way).

The other option you have would be to raise a credit note from the original invoice, refunding it to a dummy bank account (e.g. “Holding Account” or “Individual Invoice Account”) and paying the new invoice from the same account so it balances.

As per usual, I’m not an accountant, so I recommend double checking this with yours to be sure it’s correct.

1 Like

This is exactly how my accountant advised me to handle an invoice which we had to change for a customer due to his VAT account change from Flat to Normal rate.

1 Like