Limited company sole trader

Hi Since having Quick file I have always paid a yearly fee, I was thinking about changing as I see that there are a few services that would deal with my accounting for free. I have just checked and I am registered with quickfile as a limited company and I have not nor have I ever bee a limited company.
How can I change to the sole trader setting with out losing all the information that I have
Also how did this happen? could I have been receiving this service for free all these years
many thanks

Hi @Kim_Heath

The paid for version of QuickFile is based on the number of Nominal Ledger Entries on the account. if you have more than 1000 entries in a rolling 12 month period, the account falls into the Large category and as such must be paid for.

To find out which tier your account falls into go to Account Settings >> Company Settings where you should see something similar to this at the top of the screen:

If your company is classed as Small or Medium, the paid for service is optional, however, there are additional features that come with paying for the software.

As for the incorrect entity type. This is set when you first set-up the account.

If you send in a private message containing your QuickFile Account Number and tagging @QFSupport a member of the team will be able to advise on what can be done regarding the incorrect business type.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Thank you for this I have 9 files lol
I have messaged support and I would like to change to sole trader without losing the accounts I have put in so far, albeit small
best wishes
Kim

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.