Locked journal - need to delete it

Hi, I have a journal that was entered automatically (I think!) when I recorded a payment from a client, plus a loss on exchange.

The journal is locked, and I need to delete it as the invoice is showing as unpaid (when in fact it’s paid). I need to find another way of entering the payment so it shows as “paid”, rather than through this journal.

There isn’t a year end date set as it’s for this financial year, and I haven’t done a VAT return yet so it shouldn’t be because of that I don’t think. None of the other payments around that time are locked.

How do I unlock it?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Pelican10

When you record a payment on an invoice or a client, it’s recorded just as the nominal movements. The only currency movements recorded as a journal would be on a bank account - perhaps this is what it is?

Journals are normally locked through the year end process. I think the best thing for me to do is take a look, so I’ll send you a private message to get a few details, and hopefully I can advise you further from there :slight_smile:

Please look for a green notification in the top right corner shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.