Locking Vat returns

I have submitted a series of Vat Returns to HMRC, I then realised there was a fault in one that didn’t effect the Vat due but needed correcting in my QuickFile account so I rolled back the VAT returns in order to do this. Now I need to relock them as I am trying to submit this periods return and the figures are incorrect as the rolled back calculations are included. Help!

Hi @Nelly

You would need to resubmit the missing period (the one you corrected) first, to lock down the figures associated with it. Then you can do the ones that follow it.

Without the missing one, any figures that were included there would then be pulled forward into the next VAT return.

Let me know if that helps?

Thank you for that, but when I look at the rolled back vat returns there isn’t a submit option as there was originally.

If you rollback a return, it’s “written off”, so it’s only kept for audit trail purposes.

You would need to create a new return as this would then use the new figures based on any changes.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.