Making Tax Digital error

Hi. Ihave followed the procedure for setting up Making Tax Digital using Quickfile and received the following error

Client not Authorised

The account you have linked to QuickFile is not authorised to access or file VAT information for the VAT registration 318419401. This error usually occurs due to one of the following reasons:

• The wrong account has been linked (e.g. a personal tax account rather than the organisation’s tax account)
  • The VAT registration number has not been correctly entered.
  • The organisation is not fully enrolled for Making Tax Digital (MTD)

You can find more information in our HMRC troubleshooting guide here

My personal tax account is the same as my organisation tax account.
I’ve triple checked the VAT number and that is correct
I’ve tried to enroll for MTD on HMRC site but it just refers me back to my software provider - Quickfile so I’m just going round in circles.

Anyone else had this and did you solve it?

Where are you trying to enrol? If your https://tax.service.gov.uk/business-account doesn’t show you an MTD section then you need to sign up at Charge, reclaim and record VAT: Charging VAT - GOV.UK and wait for the confirmation email before you can try to establish the link from QuickFile.

Hi - thanks very much Ian.
That now looks like the solution. I will want my MTD to start from 1st April so will just wait a short while before I sign up to it.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.