Manual Barclays Data Import

Is there any option (or will there be in the future?) to manually pull the data from our Barclays bank account at that time instead of waiting for the following day?

Thanks

Is there anyway you could run one on my account now so I can tag the transactions as I will be busy for the next few days so it would be good if I could get the ones for today sorted.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi @ryansb

You can manually import data using the Chrome bank feed plug in, which supports Barclay’s. Take a look at this topic:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/quickfile-bank-feed-plugin-beta/8847

Is there anyway to do it with running the normal process as I don’t really want to do it via the browser plug in?

Hi @ryansb

There isn’t a way to manually run it I’m afraid. The only other way to do it is by using the Chrome plug in.

Ok thanks @QFSupport

@ryansb the reason we likely won’t do this is due to the complexity. These feeds have to cycle through webpages in the background to log in, download the CSV, parse and insert the data. Whenever we do work on the feed it consumes huge resources and can easily be broken the next day if the bank change their layouts. We don’t want to commit expensive developer resources constantly patching these things.

It’s a ridicolous situation in 2015 that we need to do this and we are holding out on a Government commitment to mandate the banks to provide a trusted API service (making what you suggested trivial). As soon as the banks develop these APIs we’ll move this to the highest priority.

1 Like

Ah ok no worries Glenn.

Cheers,

Ryan