Mapping of invoice data fields in PayPal auto feed

Hello,
I use the PayPal feed to import sales transactions from PayPal. Each transaction generates a QF sales invoice and a corresponding purchase record to reflect the PayPal fees. Unfortunately, the description field on the sales invoice just gives something like Customer Name (PayPal Transaction ID). I can’t find any reference to the PayPal data that relates to the product sold, so I can’t attribute the sale to the relevant product. Also the purchase record for the PayPal fee contains nothing I can see that allows me to map it to the corresponding sales invoice. In both cases I have to go in to PayPal and laboriously trawl through the PayPal transaction records.
Is there a workaround for this? For example, if I could choose which PayPal data fields are mapped to my invoice fields, I could probably solve the issue. For me, this problem negates the point of having the autofeed. I will have to go back to uploading PayPal records in bulk csv files if I don’t find a solution. At least that way I can see which products I’ve sold.

Hi @Tony

The data supplied to us through the PayPal feed is limited. However, you may be interested in the topic below:

Thanks for the quick response. It looks as if the other thread is about the same problem, so I’ve added my support for the feature request on that thread.

1 Like