Modify a purchase payment date

I entered a purchase payment wrong and need to modify the date. How can I do this?

Hi @hannahbeatrice

Where did the payment come from? For example, was it paid into a bank account (and therefore, you have a tagged bank transaction for the payment)?

It was a direct debit that I’d had notification of from the company coming out of my bank account.
I entered the payment in manually to Quickfile, then realised it was for a date in the future, not today.

No problem! You can simply go the bank statement page, click on the date of the transaction and change it there. However, you can’t have future dated transactions.

So if it’s currently pending to leave your account tomorrow (for example), then it may be best to update it tomorrow so it accurately reflects your bank statement.

Thanks, that’s really helpful!

1 Like

Not sure this is true, I enter loads of advance transactions when I book Hotels etc. I enter the transaction on the day I book it but for the date of the stay, which will be the date of the invoice.

You can enter future dated invoices, but bank transactions need to be today or earlier. If you try and select a date in the future, you’ll see a warning.

In the case of modifying an existing bank transaction, the calendar does actually disable future dates.

1 Like

Ah, I see what I was doing to make this happen, I can log a payment on the invoice date when creating a purchase on a future date but not enter it directly.

Shh! Don’t tell them, they might decide it’s a bug and disable it :grinning:

1 Like

Nah, they’re far too busy rewriting the credit account handling side of Quickfile so I can process credit notes without crying!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.