MTD Authorisation failure

HI, I am getting repeated Authorisation failures when trying to connect to my HMRC Account. I have double checked all of the help suggestions, and the HMRC account is MTD operational, I can see all of the information on the site. I did notice that this page appeared in my browser, any help appreciated

"# Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Fri Jul 01 08:32:02 BST 2022

There was an unexpected error (type=Not Found, status=404).

No message available"

What it the host name in the URL at the top of the error page - is it QuickFile or is it something on gov.uk?

hi the url is https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/authentication/defaultlogin

Having left it for a few ours I tried again and got this message " A maximum of 2 connected tax accounts is permitted, please remove an account before adding a new one" so now trying to find out how to disconnect the failed connections

And having disconnected the two failed connections and trying to connect I get the failed to authorise message again

Problem resolved, figer trouble with VRN

Hello @hoodji

Thanks for sharing the possible cause of the failure (VPN), it may help other forum members.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.