MTD VAT return submission

Hi, I have a client who is trying to submit their VAT return through QuickFile but it is only coming up as the option to file under our agent credentials instead of their own personal ones. They have been registered for MTD as it shows up on their government gateway. The Quickfile account was set up within our company affinity dashboard but even when they are logged in through their own email address etc only our name comes up as an option for the HMRC Account for MTD. Is there a way of changing it to theirs as they prepare their own returns?

Thanks

Hi @KatieB

Your client can add their own HMRC account if they wish. They would just need to add it through the HMRC page (Reports > HMRC), and it will show up next to yours.

Hi sorry to jump in here. I have added both the agent platform and the personal. They show up as connected however keeps showing me the message i am not authorised when trying to run amd submit the return. I have waited 72 hours for the hmrc to update but I’m still experiencing problems.

Hi @jenny85

Has the client enrolled for MTD successfully? If so, when was the confirmation email received?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.