New line or carriage return chars in description of items is making exporting to CSV useless

Export to CSV function is not checking for new line char in text fields, result - unusable file. Rows are broken in middle, impossible to import back.

Maybe simple fieldToExport.Replace(’\n’,’’).Replace(’\r’,’’) will help?

To be honest i need this ASAP or i will have to fix hundreds of invoices by hand :smile:

BTW. Sorry for my bad English but i’m not native speaker…

On which page are you exporting to CSV?

Invoice management. But I dont think that this really matter cause backups are affected as well. Two more things, my exports are UTF-8/Unicode encoded. When this export is opened without selecting encoding i’ve got proper rows (fields with newline are imported in one cell) but improper characters. When i choose proper encoding, rows broke and import is unusable.

Simplest solution for me and other users: DO NOT USE INTERNATIONAL CHARACTERS ANYWHERE OR DO NOT USE NEWLINE IN DESCRIPTION OF ITEMS, EVER

this is minor bug but maybe development team has more important features to implement then full internationalization support. i can live with this knowledge, earned in hard way :smile: