Nominal code for credit card charges from a purchase

This may be a silly question to ask, but I’m new to accounting, so forgive me!

I purchased some advertising and my supplier is charging me a £1.00 card fee. On my new purchase, would this need to be itemised under the nominal code for credit charges? Or is the fee just associated with the advertising? I have a similar situation where another supplier is charging me a 3% admin fee associated with me making monthly payments instead of a lump sum.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thank you.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, especially given that it’s just £1.

Personally I would lump it under advertising. You could of course split the invoice and itemise it under something like Credit Charges if you prefer. It won’t affect your accounting in any way, but it will allow you to specifically track what you’re paying in credit charges if you itemise it.

Also bear in mind that in some sense or other you are paying the card fee to all suppliers, just most don’t itemise it, bit like buying something with free shipping. Personally I’d just add it to the invoice total too.

Thank you Glenn, I think I’ll just lump it under advertising. Lurch, that’s a very good way of looking at it, so it isn’t really of my concern, more theirs,

Thank you for your feedback, very much appreciated!