Online VAT details auto-filling

I have tried to enable the online VAT setting under company details, as soon as I select the tick box an email and password are displayed which I assume must be my quick file login credentials.

There are not the same as my VAT Gateway credentials so I try to edit these and then save but the submission fails and when I go back to the setting the original entries are still showing.

What can I do to correct this, I have tried many times but cannot seem to change the entries in these fields.

You need to put in your HMRC VAT login into the username and password box instead of your Quick File login details.

Sure I understand that but even though I changed and saved details when I went back it reverted to original settings.

However after more investigation I have found that it was Safari autofill changing the details back, on Chrome no problem so seems to be some interoperability issue with Quick File and Safari.

As you discovered…it’s those pesky auto-fills.

We can set flags on the boxes to tell your browser not to try and auto-fill, although there have been some reports of Safari ignoring these flags.

Right now there are no such flags but I’ve asked for them to be added for the next release.