Outage - 10th Jan 2018

I can access my dashboard; and the Nominal Accounts only which I assume does not require direct access to the data as the information for these pages have been stored locally on my computer??

Are you seeing a CloudFlare error page, if so a screenshot would be very useful? What part of the country are you accessing the service from?

Getting the same here. Canā€™t list estimates etc. Other pages without generated record content are fine.
Edited to say no errors displayed and accessed from Bristol.

Edited again to say itā€™s now functioning.

My screens are back up and running again now
There was no cloudflare error page. My area is North Worcestershire

Thatā€™s great news - thanks for letting us know @BlakeneyLifting.

@AndyT @Rob @willowtree - Are you all running OK now, or are you still having issues?

Looks like we are back up and running (South Yorkshire)

Yes, I can also report that my access to the pages requiring data from the Cloud is restored

New day, old problem, same issue happening again today!

Rob

Hi @Rob

Sorry to hear this. Is it showing any errors, or just not loading? Is it happening on any particular pages?

same here. the main system loads but then sales/invoices just has the old cogwheel turning

Oh dear, same here Iā€™m afraid. I canā€™t load anything (account statements, sales, clientsā€¦), just the cog wheels for me too.

Same as others are experiencing, sales, estimates, purchases, client data etc

Rob

@Rob @BrightPi @dbconline - would you mind retrying now please?

I am having the same problem too - yesterday and today. Canā€™t see any lists of outstanding invoices etc, (just get processing wheel) but I can get into individual client files. Not helpful as I need to chase debtors.

It seems to be back up and running now.

Rob

1 Like

@katebaxter - Are you still seeing this issues?

@Rob - Thatā€™s great. Thanks for letting us know! :slight_smile:

working for me - at the moment!

1 Like

All seems to be up and running now - thank you so much.

1 Like

These problems are most likely related to cached versions of the page that were created during the initial outage on Wednesday morning.

Weā€™re about to deploy an update that should clear the cached pages. If you witness any hanging again try clearing your cache or holding CTRL and clicking your browser refresh button.

I was still having the same problem but now cleared from clearing cache per the instructions below. Thanks